By logging in the Genyo Portal, I agree with the following:
- Republic Act No. 10173 or known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other relevant Philippine laws that apply to collection and processing of my personal data.
- I understand that by subscribing to Diwa’s site, I allow the collection, use, and processing of my personal data.
- By providing personal information to Diwa, I confirm that the data is true, accurate, and correct. I understand that Diwa reserves the right to revise any decision made on the basis of the information I provide should the information be found to be untrue/false, inaccurate, and/or incorrect.
Who is Diwa?
We are the Philippines’ leading provider of educational resources for both print and digital format. We are the company behind Genyo e-Learning, the first fully-integrated learning management system for Basic Education in the Philippines.
What information do we collect?
Diwa collects information to provide better services to our users. We want our users to fully experience the content of our system and provide them with a unique login account for security.
The personal information we collect are the entries provided to us by the academic institution/school that subscribed to the program, entries you have inputted in Diwa’s login page, and information you have indicated in your own user profile page.
The following personal information that we collect upon your subscription to Diwa is not limited to:
- Full name
- E-mail address
- Student number/Login ID
- Phone number
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- School name
- Grade level
- Security Question
- IP address
- Log on date and time
- Log on duration
How do we use the information we collect?
Diwa recognizes the importance of your privacy. All information in our system would not be shared to any third-party institutions or organizations. The data gathered in the system are owned by the user and the concerned academic institution/school who have subscribed to this platform.
The following are the uses of the most salient personal information that we collect from you:
- Full name: We use your full name to create your unique student account. This is also used to allow your teachers to send lessons, tests, and homeworks to you, and track your progress in all of these. We would also use this information to communicate with you when you face any issues regarding your experiences with the system.
- Student number/Login ID: We use your student number/login ID to create your unique student account. We also use your student number/login ID as part of our authentication process, in order for us to determine that you are a bonafide member of the academic institution/school that subscribed to the system.
- E-mail: We use your e-mail address to contact you with important information regarding your experience or any changes to your account. Your e-mail address may also be used when the system sends lesson notifications and other reminders. You may also use your e-mail address to retrieve your account in case you have forgotten details of your Diwa account.
- Grade level and section: Your grade level and section is used to properly organize login accounts in the system.
Diwa is not responsible for optional personal information that you have provided in your user profile.
Who will see your data?